Nominations Accepted August 30–October 5, 2021
The GSCA Governance Committee is seeking nominations for the GSCA Board of Directors election to be held October 6–21, 2021. There are several opportunities to step up and help lead the association and the giant screen industry. Nominees will be accepted in the following categories:
Twelve seats will be filled in this election, and candidates will serve a two-year term commencing January 1, 2022. Following this election, the Board of Directors will vote for three appointed seats. The following elected Directors’ terms are expiring on December 31, 2021:
- Phillip Crabtree, National Museum of Naval Aviation
- Michael Daut, Michael Daut Productions
- Taran Davies, Cosmic Picture
- Michelle Duncan, Legoland Discovery Center Bay Area
- Brian Eimer, ImagesInSound
- Heather Farnworth, Ontario Science Centre
- Don Kempf, Giant Screen Films/D3D Cinema
- Gina Lee, California Science Center
- Meghan MacGillivray, MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Antonietta Monteleone, Cosmic Picture
- Richard Morrison, IMAX Melbourne/Museum Victoria
Due to the resignation of Paul Fraser, Blaze Cineworks, one seat in the Other category will be available for one year, to fulfill that two-year term.
The following board members will serve one more year of their two-year term and will remain on the board in 2022:
- Jonathan Bird, Oceanic Research Group
- Caroline Borgudd, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Cosmonova
- Patty Collins, MacGillivray Freeman Films
- Christian Fry, CVF Productions
- Rick Gordon, RPG Productions
- Amber Hawtin, SK Films
- Patricia Keighley, IMAX Corporation
- Julie LaRoche, Montreal Science Centre
- Alan Nursall, TELUS World of Science–Edmonton
If you would like to be a candidate in the 2022 GSCA Board of Directors election, please provide the following materials to Tammy Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, October 5.
- photo (.jpg file)
- category choice (Production, Distribution, Theater, Other)
- short biography, including current title, company, and location (Word or text document, no PDFs; 500-word limit)
- statement of purpose (Word or text document, no PDFs; 500-word limit)
- a one-minute video bio/mission statement (optional)
If you feel that you qualify for more than one category, such as producer and distributor, you may choose the category in which you wish to run. The Governance Committee will vet all nominations to ensure category accuracy prior to the election.
Nominations must be submitted to the GSCA by e-mail to email@example.com no later than Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
Election to the Board of Directors of GSCA is one of the highest privileges in the giant screen industry. Candidates must be a current member in good standing of GSCA who:
- demonstrates leadership and active participation in GSCA and the industry;
- demonstrates support of the GSCA mission;
- works for an institution/organization that would support them both in time and in travel to meet the responsibilities as a Board member to include travel to in-person events, and participate on necessary conference calls (approximately 4-6 per year);
- commits the time to leading and directing the affairs of GSCA and follows through on requests and projects in a timely manner; and
- demonstrates ability, commitment, and interest in GSCA by working on committees or volunteering for projects.
Candidates who are elected to the Board will take office effective January 1, 2022, and will be expected to attend all GSCA Board meetings either in-person or via teleconference.
- Deadline for nominations is October 5, 2021
- Online voting is October 6–October 22, 2021
- Announcement of winners is November 5, 2021
Questions about the process should be addressed to Tammy Barrett by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.703.855.3699.