IMAX Corporation is currently seeking experienced IMAX Film Projectionists for a temporary assignment (up to 4 weeks) to fill numerous locations throughout the United States for the launch of Christopher Nolan’s new film, Oppenheimer. The positions run from July 15-August 5, 2023 (3-week run with potential for a 1-week extension).
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience. With over 50 years of history as a global innovator in entertainment technology, our employees and their careers have constantly gone beyond the ordinary. From offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, we combine proprietary software, architecture, and equipment with industry-leading knowledge and connections to create experiences that take audiences beyond the edge of their seats to a world they have never imagined. Our Hollywood team are trusted movie business insiders with decades of production experience, acting as advisors to top filmmakers and studios across the world. Our technology experts are leaders in the industry, constantly pushing the limits of what is possible in entertainment. Our sales and marketing teams are talented professionals who build and enhance the IMAX brand globally.
IMAX's network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event films around the world, and our growing Live and Enhanced businesses have allowed us to bring the IMAX Experience to our partnerships across live music, events and streaming to provide the best possible experience across any screen. As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies, and continues to push the boundaries of entertainment experiences forward. Our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they have only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. Get inspired, get involved, and ignite your future with IMAX!
IMAX Corporation is currently seeking experienced IMAX Film Projectionists for a temporary assignment (up to 4 weeks). We are seeking to fill numerous locations throughout the United States. The primary responsibility of the IMAX Film Projectionist is to provide all our guests with a positive visual and audio experience. It will be your duty to consistently maintain a professional, clean, and flawless presentation.
- Load and operate 1570 film projector, audio source, reel units, assemble and/or repair film prints.
- Present IMAX films in a clear, clean, and professional manner.
- Ensure that the film print, and soundtrack are maintained in the best possible manner
- Storing film print and soundtrack overnight according to IMAX specifications
- Constant monitoring of the equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Check for correct volume level and automation before each show.
- Constant monitoring of the image on the screen to ensure proper focus, brightness, and cleanliness.
- Watches each presentation, focusing on show quality, technical difficulties, projector light level, and film threading. Monitors playback units, sound console, and other audio systems.
- Assure audio is always in sync with film.
- Perform cleaning tasks listed on daily and weekly checklists.
- Monitor any video recording or flash photography in theatre.
- Must always remain in projection booth while film is running.
- Communicate any issues, verbally and written, with Lead and Managers.
- Communicate with other projectionists at shift change.
- Provides routine technical maintenance for selected projectors (changing lamps, cleaning optics, replacing wiper bar, etc.) as required.
- Performs scheduled prevention maintenance and emergency repairs to keep all projection systems in good working order.
- Maintains a log of print condition, to include condition upon receipt, any damage to print during a run, and upon shipping the printout of the booth.
- Professionally interacts with the public and internal customers, answers questions, and completes other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with Theatre Ushers and Box Office Cashiers to ensure shows start on time and to inform them of any issues or concerns.
- Ensure projection operating procedures conform to the company Health and Safety standards
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year minimum of general experience in the operation and maintenance of IMAX projection and audio/visual equipment; Expertise with the IMAX GT and/or IMAX SR Film Projection Systems, preferred.
- Must be familiar with the audio/visual equipment and able to perform basic service and repair, and operate a wide range of electrical, electronic, and optical equipment.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, as well as evenings and workdays, is required.
- High film presentation standard
The Projectionist must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 200 pounds or more (using a mechanical lift). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus in changing light conditions.
Our Commitment to You:
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
At IMAX you will be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance, and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note, IMAX is currently operating in-office 5 days-a-week and requires all employees to adhere to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Additionally, all permanent full-time employment is subject to background and employment/reference checks.